For brides who are on a budget, here are ten cheap wedding ideas for you! It is possible to have a wonderful, memorable, nice wedding for cheap! You just need to get creative! Think outside the box!
Ten Cheap Wedding Ideas for you:
1. Cut your guest list! The more guests you have, the more you’ll have to spend on food, drinks, invites, favors, etc.
2. Have a unique wedding theme – think picnic wedding, luau, movie theater wedding, roller derby wedding, etc. A unique wedding theme may give you ideas for a unique wedding location, food, etc. which may also be cheaper.
3. Spend less on your cheap bridesmaid dresses! There’s a big difference between eight hundred dollars and one hundred dollars. Cheap wedding dresses can really cut your budget! And, you only do wear it once!
4. Do a lottery (with a worthwhile prize) and have friends and family help chip in for your wedding – $10 per ticket does add up!
5. For cheap wedding favors, instead of traditional favors, donate the money to charity and use it as a tax write off.
6. Instead of bouquets use a single flower for the bride and the bridesmaid dresses It’s much cheaper than a floral arrangement!
7. Don’t want to spend a fortune on a cake? How about a desert table instead? Have friends and family help you bake!
8. Can’t afford a photographer or videographer? Have friends and family take photos and videos!
9. Think different for the catering – BBQ, finger foods, pizza, grilled cheese, desert reception, cocktail reception, etc.
10. Supply your own alcohol – if you’re not locked into a bar package, you can get deals on the drinks by supplying them yourselves!
And, a bonus tip: Think outside the box for cheap wedding invitations: print or make your own, do a postcard, really get the use out of your wedding website, do a digital invitation, a video invitation. Just get creative!